Friday, November 18, 2011

Benefit from Tomato

Thanks GOD it's Friday! Come weekend- more bonding with my baby Iris. When I am not busy at work (Saturday) I tag her with me so that she'll see other people than us (my sister and mother) in the house.

My daughter Iris is not picky when it comes to food. She ate anything you give her. Fruits, vegetables, fish and she is a sweet tooth person. Well, most of our kids are sweet tooth, right?. even me is a sweet tooth person. She actually love nips.. When you are going to give her biscuit and nips she'll surely choose nips! and she also love dutchmill drink. Good thing during meal time she ate rice and any viand you give her.

I have mention in my main blog that we already had Sari-sari Store and we also sell tomato, onions and garlic...and look what happen when no one is paying attention to her. She mess up with tomato display and bite/eat them! Buti na lang nakita ko..and find her cute seeing her bite those tomato! so grab my cam and click! click! LOL. When I try to take away all the tomatoes she'd cry! so there I give her one.

What are the benefit we can get from Tomatoes?

Do you know that tomato is actually fruit not vegetable.? Yes, you heard me right. It belong to nightshade family of plants such as pepper, potatoes, and eggplants. Tomato is rich in Lycopene. Lycopene is very vital anti-oxidant which help fight against cancerous cell formation and other health diseases. It is also rich in Vitamin C if eaten fresh. Aside from anti-oxidant, lycopene has been scientifically proven to help protect skin from sun damage because it nuetralize the harmful effects of ultraviolet light. The more you eat tomato your sunburn protection will increase by 33%.

If your a beach whore person eat more tomato now! :)

Share this to Orange Tuesdays and Kids in Doodle.

6 comments:

  1. wow galing naman ni iris kumakain ng kamatis.. naku si xye ko i'm sure itatapon yan.. :)

    First Haircut
    Jungle Safari Cake

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go, Iris! i have not tried eating a raw tomato but mum sure say it is delicious. what do you say?

    thanks for joining K.I.D. + i look forward to reading your next entry :) ~ Jared

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job baby Iris, tomatoes are good for your health. It makes you more beautiful :-) Dropping some love for Orange Tuesdays, hope that you can return the favor too.

    http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2011/11/a-post-card-from-the-dentist.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahahha ang kulet!! buti nde ung luya or sibuyan kinain :)) pewro nice yan gawin nya libangan ang kamatis :)) hehehehe kesa naman pitasin lahat ng chips :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your angel is so cute! It's fun to take photos on their fun moments! I love tomatoes esp eaten raw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. buti pa siya like nia fresh tomatoes...ako i can eat them when cooked or perhaps on salads:)

    blogwalking here, too:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some love! :) you might want to visit my other home..
Shengkay.Biz
Shengkay’s Journal
The Postcard & Travel Lover

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers