Monday, May 26, 2014

Why You Should Learn To Weld

image not mine

Have you ever wanted to learn an extra skill that could entertain you, teach you new skills, be useful at home and possibly even increase your value as a worker? Learning to weld could offer you all of the above and much more. Whether you are simply looking for a new hobby or really looking to acquire a new skill, welding is a great and rewarding challenge. But what exactly are the benefits to welding? We’ll take a look and show you there’s a little more to it than you may have first thought and ask you, what sort of welder will you be?

The Home Handyman

Everyone likes to fix or create things around their home. Learning to weld extends the range of projects that you are capable of starting more than you may have first thought. Welding isn’t just limited to working on cars and out door fixtures, but it’s a great start. Whether you need to fix up your sons new go-kart or repair the leg of that BBQ, having the skills to be able to weld these yourself can save you time, money and make you incredibly popular with family and friends. Take a look around your house at those things that maybe need a little more love and attention, is it something that you could do if you had a welder and could do it yourself? Once you’ve started you’ll soon realize that having a welder to fix things soon starts to feel as easy as picking up a hammer and nail.

The Inventor

image not mine
Once you’ve started to repair things around the home and you’ve found your groove, you’ll start to wonder,
what can I do next? Looking around your tool shed or workspace you’ll find there are many opportunities before you to create your own inventive methods to make day-to-day life that little bit easier. Perhaps you can weld together some simple brackets and drill them to the wall to hang your tools or equipment? Create that rustic looking bar you’ve always wanted to build down stairs? Once the skills are in your hands the ideas will start to flow and before you know it you’ll be creating new inventions to add character to your home.

The Creator

Many people often take up welding as a means of aiding their creative projects. Welding and artistic endeavors aren’t always the first two things you think would go together, but it’s surprising how much they do. By welding some simple scrap metal together you can create interesting and unique artistic creations that add character and charm to your own backyard. However quite often professional installation or sculpture artists will create large scale artworks that involve significant time and effort to weld together their work.
So what sort of welder will you be? What are your interests and what exactly are you going to need? Take the time to read up on reliable sources for tools and information, websites such as http://www.welding.com.au/ have a great range of tools and information that will give you a strong grasp on what you’ll need when you start out and why welding might be for you. It’s interesting when you take the time to sit back and think about how many things in your home or everyday life that had to be welded to be created, it’s often far more than you think. So the next time you think about taking up one of the normal hobbies that all your mates do, have a think, is welding for me instead?

9 comments:

  1. Welding is such a good skill a man should know. I wish i could also learn such a skill. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard there's already a training at tesda for woman welders and mechanics, sis. It'd be a great also to learn welding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I wish I know how to weld! LOL! I would have made a few nice projects! I don't have the space though. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My SIL knows how t weld. When I came here in the US, I was pretty amazed how jobs that usually done by men are being done by women here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sometimes, it takes 48 years before the husband is able to do what i wanted him to DIY a few things at home. it makes me want to learn how to do it myself and become a handywoman. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, how I wish I know how and have all the equipments....my brother took a welding course when he was in high school, and he built a bbq stand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I grew up watching my late dad and 2 brothers doing welding jobs both electric and acetylene type. But me, ah, di ko talaga type.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Believe it or not, when I was a little girl, I knew how to weld already. My late grandfather had a small steel shop and he taught me how to weld. My brothers and I were little welders before. Here, it pays a lot (per hour) and had I known that I would have pursued to take a course on welding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It would be nice to be a handy person , as Labor fee in US are way too expensive. I can do minor labor but when it involves with measurement and welding Im afraid to try so.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing some love! :) you might want to visit my other home..
Shengkay.Biz
Shengkay’s Journal
The Postcard & Travel Lover

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers